Jun 10, 2015

365 Days, 365 Movies: May

I'm not even half-way through the year, and I'm already growing tired of watching (roughly) a movie a day. While I can wile away several hours watching a single television show, watching a movie each day has begun to feel like a chore.

To help combat the rising tide of ennui, I decided to set a task for myself: pick an actor, and watch as many of his/her films as I can in one month. I immediately chose Reese Witherspoon, for many reasons. First, her movie Hot Pursuit came out in May, which meant that I had an excuse to go to a movie theater. Second, she is an actress that I really love, but I can't, for the life of me, pin down which of her performances inspire that devotion. And third, Sweet Home Alabama was playing on TV while I was trying to make up my mind, and I didn't want to subject myself to Patrick Dempsey movie marathon, partially because I'm still mad about his exit from Grey's Anatomy.

Anyway, I watched a bunch (12, technically) of Witherspoon hits this month, and I'll have more to say about that down the line. For now, though, stare and weep at my mastery of watching films.


MOVIES
31 Films in March, 143 Total in 2015
(8 MOVIES BEHIND SCHEDULE!!!)
New Releases are Bolded, Reese Witherspoon Movies are highlighted:

13 Going on 30 (2004)
Beyond Clueless (2014)  Beyond boring
Drunk Wedding (2015)
Election (1999)
Ex Machina (2015)
Fear (1996)
The Heat (2013) – Better on second viewing. Still not amazing.
Hercules in New York (1969)  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hot Pursuit (2015)                            
The Importance of Being Earnest (2002)
Legally Blonde (2001)
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde (2003)  Oof.
The Longest Week (2014)
Mad Max (1979)  Watching Fury Road inspired me to watch the preceding 3 films.
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)
Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
The Man in the Moon (1991)  Witherspoon's first film. She's great in it.
Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009)
Mud (2013)
The Out-of-Towners (1999)
Penelope (2006)
Pleasantville (1998)
Results (2015)
Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
Tomorrowland (2015)
Unhook the Stars (1996)
Welcome to Me (2015)

TELEVISION

30 Series 
Down from 43 last month – A bunch of TV shows ended in April
All current episodes unless otherwise noted – new shows are in red:

Adventure Time
American Dad
Arrow
Bob's Burgers
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Childrens Hospital
Chopped (2 Eps)
Comedy Bang! Bang!
Community 
The Flash
Gilmore Girls (7 Eps Season 2)
The Good Wife
Grace and Frankie (Netflix Season 1) – Not bad. June Diane Raphael is great in it.
Grey's Anatomy.
Inside Amy Schumer
iZombie (3 Eps Behind)
Jane The Virgin
The Last Man on Earth
Last Week Tonight
Mad Men – SERIES FINALE!!! Sad emoji.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Middle
Modern Family
New Girl
Orphan Black
Other Space (6 Eps)  Really great Yahoo original.
Outlander
Saturday Night Live
Veep
Younger

PODCASTS
All current episodes unless otherwise noted:

Alphabeatical (Eps 49-53)
Comedy Bang! Bang! Podcast
The Dead Authors Podcast (Chapter 38)
Doug Loves Movies
Gilmore Guys: A Gilmore Girls Stars Hollowcast (Season 2 Eps 2-5)
How Did This Get Made
Spontaneanation (1 Ep Behind)
Star Wars Minute: Jedi Minute (5 Eps Behind)
With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus (2 Eps Behind)

BOOKS

I didn't read any books in March, April, or May! Movies still rule, Books still drool!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...