Apr 10, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence Is Our Evita Peron (go with me on this one)

So, I was listening to the soundtrack to Evita and watching The Hunger Games at the same time last night. (That's right, I'm pretty awesome) After the movie ended, Jennifer Lawrence and Evita (the person) were temporarily yet strongly smushed together in my brain. In my defense, Lawrence and Evita Peron have a lot of things in common. I'm going to make a list right now, and, because one of the women is dead, the verb tenses are going to get a little tricky.

So, both women are actresses, they both rose to fame at a relatively early age, they moved from small towns to big cities to chase their dreams (Louisville, KY isn't exactly small, but it's no New York), their hair often changes color wildly from brunette to blonde, they both received incredible acclaim early in their professional lives (Oscar winner, First Lady of Argentina), and at one point, despite massive economic and political turmoil, they were the most fascinating thing happening in their respective countries. More than that, though, they both exude an everywoman, working class sensibility while also somewhat representing the ideal woman (up for debate, personal preference, covering my own ass with this parenthetical note, etc). So, obviously, I had to combine one of my favorite songs in Evita with GIFs of Jennifer Lawrence:

[The Narrator]
High flying, adored.
So young, the instant queen.
A rich beautiful thing,
of all the talents, a cross between
a fantasy of the bedroom and a saint.
You were just a backstreet girl
Hustling and fighting, scratching and biting
High flying, adored
Did you believe in your wildest moments
All this would be yours
That you'd become the lady of them all?
Were there stars in your eyes
When you crawled in at night?
From the bars, from the sidewalks
From the gutter theatrical
Don't look down, it's a long, long way to fall.
 
High flying, adored
What happens now, where do you go from here?
For someone on top of the world
The view is not exactly clear
A shame you did it all at twenty-six two
There are no mysteries now
Nothing can thrill you, No one fulfill you
High flying, adored
I hope you come to terms with boredom
So famous so easily, so soon
It's not the wisest thing to be
You won't care if they love you
It's been done before
You'll despair if they hate you
You'll be drained of all energy
All the young who've made it would agree
[Evita J-Law]
High flying, adored
That's good to hear but unimportant
My story's quite usual
Local girl makes good, weds famous man
I was stuck in the right place at the perfect time
Filled a gap, I was lucky
But one thing I'll say for me
No one else can fill it like I can.

Well, that's that. As an added bonus, J-Law's Oscar dress and necklace and styling kind of echo back to the dress that Madonna wears in this scene (apparently one of Madonna's 85 costumes in the film):

SEE?!
Anyway, that's how I spent my evening. You're welcome.

BTW, I don't own any of these GIFs, and I can't remember where I found them.
If one is yours, let me know in the comments and I'll give you recognition/take it down.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...